What is a Customer Experience Project?
Does your Customer Experience need a boost. This often happens when external factors change and create new expectations. As a result you may be experiencing high levels of churn, poor reviews and word of mouth, difficulty in B2B relationships or high costs of sales and marketing.
A CX Project can be the shot in the arm your business needs when customers are not as happy as they once were. CX Projects are ideal for business keen to understand more about Customer Experience while delivering tangible benefits.
Projects can also develop new ways of working, such as implementing Voice of the Customer.
If you want to manage Customer Experience as a lever to growth, see my Embedding CXM service.
Types of CX Projects:
These projects directly impact Customer Experience
- Collecting and analysing customer feedback to identify opportunities to fix problems and improve perceptions
- Support to make sustainable change
These projects improve your CXM capabilities
- Implementation of Voice of the Customer practices to drive continuous improvement
- Customer Journey Mapping to understand current perceptions and design new journeys
Whether you work directly on Customer Experience or improve your CXM capabilities you can expect a range of benefits, including:
- Improved Customer Experience as measured by metrics such as Customer Satisfaction and NPS.
- Better key business metrics, such as retention, employee engagement and cost of sales
- Enhanced performance metrics such as revenue
- CX Projects are often the first step on a journey of intentional Customer Experience Management, leading to better employee engagement and amazing business results
What to expect from a Customer Experience Project
Directly Impact Customer Experience
During a planning phase, we will identify the right team and toolset to meet your needs, and agree how to demonstrate the value and ROI of your CX Project.
Then we will use data and employee knowledge to understand your customer needs and what they think and feel about your Customer Experience.
We will lean into Change and Project Management to make changes to your products, services or journeys. Often finding more opportunities to engage employees, remove waste from processes and delight more customers.
In our last stage, we will take actions to maximise your Return on Investment and demonstrate the benefits of your CX Project.
Improve CXM capabilities
During a planning phase, we will identify the right team, goals and measurable objectives.
Then we will design a way of working that lets you manage your customer experience. Where possible we will introduce automation to reduce workload and give your teams space.
We will engage teams across your business, so everyone understands and has the tools to play their part in enhancing Customer Experience.
I support all CXM implementations with governance and reporting.
My CX Projects improve Customer Experience, CXM and maximize benefits using three phases of CX management.
Who would benefit from a Customer Experience Project
Businesses experiencing high customer churn, low customer lifetime value, poor reviews, high costs to serve would benefit from a CX project designed to remedy issues, engage staff and deliver amazing business benefits.
CX Leaders may wish to delegate project leadership or gain an assistant.
My commitment to you
Whichever service you choose, my commitment to you is to understand and meet your needs. In other words, I practice what I preach.
Here are six reasons to work with me…
- Your business is special, your needs are unique. Don't settle for 'off the peg'.
- My approach is always fresh; I am always learning, with a constant eye on the latest developments as well as taking lessons from every job. I understand that you will rely on me to help you delight your customers and grow sustainably.
- You know change is inevitable, but don't know where to start or how to bring your team with you.
- With a wide and varied career history, I know how to plan change and make it stick. I understand people, the way they work, how they respond to change and what gets them up in the morning.
- The success of your business lets you live your dreams. You want it to be around for a long time.
- I'll never forget why you are in business. Whether you are refocusing your business or fixing a broken product, I will help you build a solid business case. Then together we will deliver a project to give you a return on your investment.
- You are not sure what kind of help you want - advice, guidance or hands-on.
- I can lead the charge, embedding your new ways of working. But only if that is what you need. You may prefer doing things for yourself, leaning on me for a friendly ear and advice.
- I recognise where you are on your CX journey and build solutions for you.
- We'll start with the tools to improve your customer experience and engage your team. Then, as you feel more comfortable, we can think about strategy.
- It's not just me!
- For larger engagements and areas outside my expertise, I bring in trusted partners. You get a team using their skills to delight you and your customers.