Wouldn’t it be good if we spent less money on defence and still had a strong military capability? Team Defence Information (TD-Info) is a trade association which unites the MOD and its members (defence contractors) in action to solve this dilemma.
Today, TD-Info has more members and need for its services than ever, and they don’t want to rest on their laurels.
Following a timely referral, they came to Delta Swan for advice about Customer Relationship Management (CRM). They wanted to keep their offer relevant and build a virtuous circle of enhancing membership and gaining more members.
We agreed a goal to improve the retention and recruitment of members. We proposed three work streams.
- Define the value needed and received by members
- Understand how TD-Info could better serve its members
- Implement changes to enhance the TD-Info offer and services
Before asking members what they thought, we built a structured value proposition. Using this strawman, I surveyed all members and interviewed six to understand the value they need and get.
18% of members returned the survey—an excellent response, representing many points of view. I read every comment and analysed the data. TD-Info received eight recommendations and potential testimonials.
For the interviews, we identified six member companies across a range of size and services. Group interviews revealed deeper insights to help TD-Info refocus its activities.
TD-Info’s members respect the trade association and trust it to deliver its mission. At the same time, they wanted change to increase value for members and the MOD.
TD-Info has kicked off a development programme run by its talented in-house staff.
Delta Swan delivered:
- A value proposition which TD-Info immediately used to inform and simplify their marketing
- Recommendations to improve value for members
- The incentive and confidence to launch a transformation programme
"We have a small Team at Team Defence Information and we really appreciated Michelle's experience and guidance."
– Phil Williams, Managing Director, Team Defence Information, 21 June 2019 via LinkedIn –