The Data Company is an exciting company competing in a crowded marketplace
To appeal to new customers, The Data Company needed to better understand their needs.
The Data Company worked with me at a Cancer Central workshop. Afterwards, they me for advice about expressing its value proposition. During our conversation they requested a workshop to build a Value Proposition.
“Michelle kindly gave her time to help and advise on a task I had been assigned; to look at the organisations repositioning and website content.
“The session was so informative and Michelle provided me with so many excellent ideas and resources to look at. She gave me pointers on how to challenge the current messaging, focusing on the value we are providing to our customers and keeping in mind our target audience. Not only was the session very useful, it was also a lot of fun.”
– Jagroop Bagary, Senior Business Analyst & Product Manager, The Data Company, March 18, 2019 via LinkedIn –
To help The Data Company leadership team explore and develop their value proposition.
The actions I took
The Data Company felt its value lay in its technical expertise. We turned that around to think about all value gained by customers.
- The purpose of a value proposition and differences between industries
- The role of each stakeholder throughout the customer journey
- Stakeholder needs
- The Data Company’s offer and customer experience
- The value delivered to existing customers
- Scenario Problem Solution (by customer)
- Hero statements (by customer)
Workshops are a whirlwind of insights and ideas. So, I always follows up in writing. When The Data Company reviewed my recommendations, we discussed their next steps in a close out meeting.
The results I achieved
The Data Company used my recommendations to change key points in their customer experience and offer a wider support during projects.
Delta Swan delivered:
- A full day workshop – designed for The Data Company
- A documented Value Proposition
- Space to uncover new opportunities for services
- Insights to enhance marketing and early sales conversations
“At fairly short notice Michelle pulled together a tailored one day workshop for our leadership team to explore our value proposition. We came to the subject from various directions, such as considering all stakeholders. We enjoyed and valued the day. In particular, we learnt to see the value we create through the eyes of our customers. We are continuing to work with Michelle to benefit from her insight into our business and how we describe our value.”
– Aju Alexander, Technology & Operations Director, The Data Company, May 7, 2019 via LinkedIn –